Fur shoes are a very special type of shoe as they are usually made with a rubber sole and wool. Because of this special material, fur shoes require special cleaning and maintenance methods to ensure they stay clean and comfortable. Below, I will introduce in detail the steps and precautions on how to wash wool shoes.
First, we will need to prepare the following items:
- washing machine
- Linen bag or pillowcase
- Mild cleanser
- hairbrush or toothbrush
- warm water
- in a dryer or in a place to dry in the sun
- Mild cleanser
Step 1: Prepare the Washing Machine
Set your washing machine on the wool/delicate program and use cold water. This is to ensure that the washing process does not cause damage to the wool shoes and that the leather on the outer layer of the shoes is gently cleaned.
Step 2: Prepare the shoes
It’s a good idea to put your shoes in a linen bag or pillowcase before putting them in the washing machine. This keeps the shoes from getting tangled up in the wash. Alternatively, a linen bag or pillowcase can provide additional protection from damage to the outer leather of the shoe.
Step 3: Choose a Mild Cleanser
Choose a gentle cleaner, preferably one designed for wool or leather. This ensures that the cleaner will not damage the leather, while effectively removing stains and odors from your shoes. Avoid using cleaners that contain bleach, as bleach may discolor or discolor the leather.
Step 4: Start Washing
Add the detergent to the washing machine, and add an appropriate amount of water according to the instructions of the detergent. Then, place the linen bag or pillowcase with the shoes in the washing machine. Make sure the linen bag or pillowcase is completely closed to prevent shoes from slipping out.
Step 5: Choose the right washing time
According to the setting of the washing machine, choose the appropriate washing time. For wool shoes, a shorter wash time is usually sufficient, as the wool does not require as much rubbing and agitation. Washing for too long may cause the outer leather of the shoe to fray or tangle hair.
Step 6: Finish washing
When the wash is complete, remove the shoes from the washing machine. Check that the shoes are clean and repeat the washing step or spot clean if necessary. For parts that are more prone to dirt, such as rubber soles, it is best to use a brush or toothbrush to clean.
Step 7: Hang to dry or use a dryer
Hang washed shoes to dry or use a dryer. If the weather is sunny, place your shoes in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight. This helps the shoes dry quickly. If using a dryer, choose a low temperature and gentle setting to avoid overheating and damage to the yarn.
Step 8: Maintenance
- Do not wear soft-soled plush shoes outdoors to avoid dirt or wear. Pay attention to waterproof and moisture-proof. Even plush shoes in the bathroom should not be placed in a humid environment for a long time. A cool and ventilated place is the best place for plush shoes.
- Every three days of wearing plush shoes, you should take the dust off and bask in the sun to keep them dry and comfortable. In addition, plush shoes cannot be exposed to the sun, nor should they be cleaned too frequently.
- Plush shoes are prone to mold in a humid environment, so make sure that the plush shoes have been air-dried before storage. If there are mildew spots on the shoes, remember to wipe them with a dry cloth before storing them.
- Finally, in order to prevent the plush shoes from deforming, before storing the plush shoes, remember to ensure that the plush shoes have enough storage space. In addition, you can also use shoe slippers to prop up the plush shoes to prevent them from being squeezed and deformed. In addition, it is best to put a moisture-proof agent in the shoe box.
Wool shoes can be washed in a washing machine but with the wool/delicate cycle and cold water selected. Make sure to protect your shoes with a linen bag or pillowcase, and choose a mild detergent. After finishing the wash, the shoes need to be lined to dry or use a dryer. Finally, with proper care, fur shoes can keep their comfort and appearance.
Are wool shoes hot?
Wool shoes are usually very popular in the winter due to their warming properties. The sponge lining material on the inside of the boots provides extra insulation to keep the feet warm and therefore gives comfort in cold weather conditions. For this reason, fur shoes are not suitable for summer, they can get very hot.
Are fur shoes waterproof?
Generally speaking, boots are not waterproof. Sneakers are usually made of natural fibers such as wool, which is inherently hygroscopic, meaning that it will absorb moisture.
Are wool shoes flexible?
The elasticity of wool shoes depends on the material, weave and size of the wool used. Generally speaking, wool shoes have a certain degree of elasticity to accommodate the shape and movement of the foot.